"Enjoy the little things in life ~ one day you'll wake up and realize they were the big things"







Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Walking is not to be taken for granted!

I've re-discovered this in the past week. With no warning (and for no apparent reason), my back decided to quit working last Sunday and remained that way far longer than it normally does! In spite of several trips to the chiropractor, most of the week spent lying on an ice pack and generally "taking it easy" (mostly because I had no choice) . . . it wasn't until Friday that I could finally walk more than a few steps. It still isn't back to "normal", but I'm very thankful to be mobile again. Fortunately for the kids, they were enrolled in a Vacation Bible School last week (each morning). When she was home, Emily enjoyed providing "room service" for me since I couldn't get downstairs for meals. She even found a dinner bell that she jingled delightedly to announce her arrival!