"Enjoy the little things in life ~ one day you'll wake up and realize they were the big things"







Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My sweet Daniel!

I had a "mom's night out" over the weekend. The older kids were still awake when I got home and Daniel (6) rushed to greet me. I asked how the night was and this was his reply (complete with big sad puppy dog eyes)

"It wasn't that great of a night. We had ice cream for dessert and we finished the 'full house clean up' fast enough that we even got to choose 3 toppings for our ice cream . . . and we got to have a tailgate party in the driveway while we ate it! . . . and it was a beautiful night . . . there was a nice breeze blowing and it was all quiet and still, except for the crickets chirping . . . but it wasn't that good . . . because you weren't here"

aaaaaaawwwwwww! Can't they stay six for just a little longer?!