"Enjoy the little things in life ~ one day you'll wake up and realize they were the big things"







Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Something is wrong with this picture . . .

Feel free to call me archaic or out of touch with modern society (both are probably true! . . .), but it saddens me that my daughter received a post card in the mail today from a church in our neighborhood inviting her to their new ministry for middle school students. They took pains to advertise that they have "3 ps3s, 4 xbox 360s, 2 wiis, 6 mac computers, the official dance dance revolution and a full service coffee bar" . . . frankly, that makes me gack! Granted we don't have personal experience with most (okay . .. any) of those things at our house ~ so they aren't a big value to us. But, don't most of the kids in suburbia have one or more of those in their home 24/7 . . . do they really need them for those two little hours on Sunday morning? Please? I understand the whole "seeker sensitive", "make your church attractive to the un-churched" mind set, but what happened to Romans 12:2 (the "do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world" concept. . . ) Is there something wrong with showing the culture that there is something else (different) out there? . . . Gack, gack, gack! Okay, I feel a tiny bit better now . . . so I'll try to go back to bed! =)