"Enjoy the little things in life ~ one day you'll wake up and realize they were the big things"







Thursday, December 17, 2009

Conversations with kids . . .

We asked Samuel something at dinner a few nights ago . . . and he, with his mouth full of food, said "I'm chewing"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anna loves peas -- LOVES them! A few nights ago we had grilled cheese sandwiches and various soups for dinner. Kevin's choice was split pea and ham soup. Anna was sitting next to him and noticed that there were peas in his soup, so he offered her a bite. She didn't like it at all, but she quickly requested some "not pea soup" --which was her (very 3 year old) request for a bowl of peas!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daniel was having a very hard time coming up with something to tell Emily that he appreciated about her (when it was her turn with "special plate") . . . after several minutes of tears and turmoil, we finally asked him if he was really trying -- to which he responded "I'm very trying!" (he sure was!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anna was choo choo-ing her way through the house pretending to be a train yesterday, she saw that I had some lunch meat sitting on the counter and stopped by to ask for some . . . "Mom, your train is out of energy"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was reading Samuel his favorite book (about fast things!). One of the pages shows a bullet train. Samuel looked at it and said "that's even faster than Levi!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samuel: "Mom, can I be excused, look at my (empty) bowl!"
Emily: I thought he said "Mom, can I be excused, to update my blog"
Samuel: (with a funny grin), "Can I be excused, to uptake my log"!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~