"Enjoy the little things in life ~ one day you'll wake up and realize they were the big things"







Sunday, January 10, 2016




A year ago was a very dark day for us ~ our brand new puppy's eye had been seriously injured the day before.  As we left our follow up appointment at the animal hospital, cradling her tiny body, we were told there was little hope for her eye.  We were strongly encouraged to schedule surgery right away to have it removed.  I've posted before about my stubbornness and utter refusal to settle for that prognosis ~ and my decision to go against their advice and try my oils on her . . . and more importantly to wait - and continue praying for God to heal her (rather than give up so quickly).

As you can see in the top right picture, things got much worse before they got better. BUT, God has been so kind to restore her eye almost completely since that time.

This little stinker of a puppy has been such a GIFT over the past year! She is sweet, scruffy, super snuggly, semi-psychotic (!) and oh, so smart. I KNOW that she would have been just as wonderful (and just as loved) if she had ended up losing her eye . . . but what an incredible blessing to look into her precious little face, day after day, and be reminded of God's faithfulness and healing power.

I don't even pretend to understand all they ways of God (and I know, all too well, that many a child, parent, spouse or other loved one, has died when that same God COULD have healed them . . . but for whatever reason chose not to). What I DO know is that in my own little world, where something seemingly insignificant, carried the emotional weight of a mountain, God stepped in and showed His mercy. Perhaps, He even chose to heal her JUST so that I could have an obvious, tangible (and daily) reminder that HE CAN! I'll never know the reason, but I am so thankful He did.